Friday, August 8, 2008

The Police/B-52's

After all these years, I still love going to concerts. Last night was no exception.
It was the final Police show ever, with the B-52's. I have seen the B's only a handful of times, but their tunes are great and they still rock.
I have seen the Police many times. I was even fortunate to see them at a now closed club called The Bottom Line in NYC.in 1979. Here is the ad from the archives:
APRIL 3-4, 1979
THE POLICE
* The show on April 4 was broadcast on WNEW F.M.

They blew the roof off of Madison Square Garden last night. They even did 2 cover tunes I never heard them do, Sunshine of Your Love and Purple Haze. Just amazing.
There were 2 groups I always hoped would get back together, The Police or Pink Floyd.
Aside for getting back together for that show last year, I doubt Floyd would ever get back on the road. But I am glad the Police did. Saw them twice last year and now the final show ever. Thank god for rock and roll. And these guys ROCKED!!!

1 comment:

O Face said...

Hey Smoke Master,
The "52's" Rule Man.
Fred Schneider rocks the scroat and taint all at once. A great party band. No b/s just good ole fun.
I used to really dig the Police but I think they only re-united for the money. Too bad man.
Hey, I saw some pictures from your past blogs. You seem like a rocker. Maybe a cross between Jerry Gacia and that fat dude from Crosby, Stills, and Nash. What type of music do you play ? And do you play out in the Jersey Shore area ? I'd like to check out your sound man.
Keep Rockin'Dude.