Sunday, August 17, 2008

Never too old to rock/A quick word about The Jets

I am extremely lucky and thankful, that I have a chance to play in a band. As I previously wrote, we get together Friday's and it is fun. The only thing we don't do is play out, mainly cause the drummer has his regular band. But that is cool. The band he is in is called Proper Potion and they play on Long Island. They currently are on the latest cover of Good Times Magazine. The drummer is the one in the cool hat. Go to www.goodtimesmag.com. This cover is good till the 18th...which is tomorrow, but I am sure they archive it. I have another friend who has a band in Port Washington NY and whenever they play, they invite me to do a few tunes which I did last night. We did U.S. Blues, Dead Flowers and Wooly Bully. It was a blast. It is so cool playing for a packed place. Can't wait to do it again!
Before I headed out to Lon Gisland, as we say in Brooklyn, I caught part of the 1st quarter of the Jets/Redskins pre-season game. Favre looked good, although I knew he wouldn't play to long. I did get to see the end of the game at the bar I was in when the Redskins scored a TD with 1:09 left. Remarkably, with 3rd string QB Ratliff they marched down the field, and with .05 seconds left, they tried a chip shot field goal to tie it, which Nugent missed of course when he hit one of the goalposts. I hope this is not going to be the shape of things to come.

1 comment:

O Face said...

Hey Cus,

Glad to see your keeping up with the Blizzog. I'm having a hard time doing the same. My old lady is giving me crap about not bathing and meaningless stuff like that. I mean give me a break already. I'm a rocker like the "Smoke Man" You feel me Smoke Dog ?
I dig your latest offering man. Wooly Bully rules, reminds me of my wife if you know what I mean brotha. I'm stoked to read that you rocked out with your homies' band. Too cool man, too cool.
I think you may be lying to yourself though bra, Your friends seem to be in a band but you appear to just be jamming with them when they aren't gigging. Maybe you should go solo. Ala Meatloaf. You definitely have his look down. Write some tunes, get your own band and hit the road. Live the dream cus. Reach out with your chubby little fingers,grab on to a star and ride man ride.

I checked out that goodtimes mag you mentioned but I think you would be more interested in HIGH TIMES with a name like Smokey. I read ya Smokster. Like a book. Getting your weed on 24/7 I bet.

How 'bout our Jizzets and Favre ?
I smell Superbowl brother. Keep your little piggies crossed and good things will happen. I know it. It was a mad hizzouse at the stadium Saturday. I've been a season ticket holder for years now. Do it with me Smoke Man, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets Hell Yeah.