Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Music Stuff

Hello out there in Blogland!!
I wrote about this early on in my blog, but I will reprise it here. I have a very unique situation. I am in a band called The Trip 3's. We play in the drummer's apartment, but the neighbors don't hear anything but us singing. To explain. The drummer uses electronic drums. It is set up like a drum kit with foot pedals for bass drum and high hat. And has crash and ride cymbals as well as pads for snare drum, rack tom and floor tom. But what he discovered was that with a mixing board, separate headphone volume control for each members phones and mikes, we can play without the neighbors hearing. They just hear us singing from our mouths. Pretty cool huh? We do this every Friday. The one thing we don't do is gig. The drummer has his own band so they have regular dates they play, but this is a great way to get together and play rock and roll. We just do cover stuff, but we do The Dead, Beatles, The Who, Cream, Blind Faith, The Doors etc. It is a great thing after a hard days work on a Friday to come over with my Fender Stratocaster, plug in and ROCK!!

1 comment:

O Face said...

Hey Blogmaster,

I was looking forward to see you rocking out. It stinks that you don't play out. I'm totally into the bands that you listed. I bet you guys roll a few bones before playing. That music seems to ask for it. Smoke a spliff for Jimmy & your look alike Jerry Garcia.
Hey cus, You should post a few pics of you dudes rockin' out. That would be so choice. I was in a band once called The Left Nut. We played some southern fried rock & roll. Plus some Mammas & Poppas for a change of pace.
Ever played any Floyd or Classic Elton John. Good Stuff man.
Anyway, keep on rockin'Smoke man.