Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Memories

Here is something that happened 23 years ago today 4-7-87...with a good ending, but at the time there was a lot of anxiety.
I was on my way to a Grateful Dead concert with a friend of mine at The Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey..now Izod Center. We get to the Lincoln Tunnel and traffic isn't moving, cause of a bus accident across 2 lanes. We have to back out and head downtown to the Holland Tunnel..along with everybody else..and the anxiety is starting cause it is taking longer than it should to get there. It was being simulcast on the local rock station and my friend joked that we can catch the beginning if we are late, but I didn't want that to happen. We get to the Meadowlands complex at 7:20..show was a 7:30 start, and we couldn't park by the arena and had to park by Giants Stadium which was a longer walk. Yada, yad,yada, we get in, stop at the facilities, get a soda..no beer being sold that night...and plop down on the seat and just as I say to my friend, man that was not fun. the lights go down. That was the only time in all the years of seeing The Dead, that something like that occured and I can laugh about it all these years later, but at the time it was just weird. And it was a great show!!

No comments: