Thursday, January 5, 2012

Now that football is over...and a musical note

..as far as The Jets are concerned, it is time to focus on The New York Rangers....who are doing very well. Yes I know it is only January and they have a habit of tanking around playoff time, but I think with the team they have this year, they can go quite far in the playoffs. Lundqvist has been totally awesome, as well as Brad Richards, Del Zotto among others....so as the saying goes..Let's Go Ran-gers!!!
Plus, I forgot to mention that I saw Los Lobos at The City Winery on New Years Eve, a nice small venue in Soho in NYC. Most excellent. Among the great tunes they did, they did a lot of covers including The Grateful Dead's Bertha...which I have seen before, but also The Dead's West L.A. Fade Away which was fantastic. And for those who know of this, they also did a Doug Sahm and Texas Tornado tune She's About A Mover. Haven't heard that tune in YEARS.

No comments: