Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Music...for a change

I know I have been talking mostly about sports as of late, and I didn't even mention that The Mets won on Opening Day...HOORAY!! And as I previously mentioned, no word on that other team till Sunday.
This past Saturday however, was one of those shows that makes me glad and thankfull I live in New York. It was The Farewell To Jimmy Vivino Show at The Bowery Ballroom....a nice little place on The Lower East Side of Manhattan. For those who don't know, Jimmy is the lead guitarist for the Max Weinberg Seven on Conan O'Brien and since Conan is moving west, so is Jimmy. He is also the lead guitarist for The Fab Faux, the best Beatle cover band EVER, plus since I have seen him since the early 80's, he has played with Al Kooper, Son Seals, Johnny Johnson, and so many others. The band he played with is another side project called Prisoners of Second Ave, formerly called Steaks and Chops, and they do covers of tunes we all grew up with but may not have ever heard live. They are just phenominal. He is the setlist with the special guests. You may be familiar with these names.

Mr Soul
Deserted Cities
Smoke Signal
Pearly Queen
Love Ain't For Keeping w/Andy York
Tears of Rage
It's All Over Now Baby Blue w/Willie Nile
Had To Cry Today
New Day Yesterday
See My Way
Funky But Chic & Animals medley w/David Johansen
Tell the Truth
Hiway 61
I'm Goin Down w/Leslie West
Theme From Imaginary Western w/Leslie West
People Get Ready w/Leslie West
Miss Queen w/Leslie West
Salt of the Earth w/all plus Elaine Caswell

encore
Question

No comments: